Apply the foundational ATD Coaching Model that allows you to demonstrate active listening, ask powerful questions, and use effective dialogue and feedback techniques to provide maximum benefit to employees and customers. After this program, you will be able to practice coaching competencies and apply them to coaching conversations...
Welcome to Lower Cape Fear Human Resource Association
Stay informed by checking our website regularly.
Please check out this video from SHRM. This is why it's so important to be a SHRM member and to join a SHRM affiliated Chapter like Lower Cape Fear HR Association!
Password to view: shrm
FEED NC FOOD DRIVE
- The LCFHRA will be hosting their annual FEED NC food drive in conjunction with the NC State SHRM from May 1st through June 30th 2016. FINAL COLLECTION DAY for food will be June 27th but you can make cash donations until June 30th.
- Food banks have a hardship in summer when kids are out of school.
- North Carolina has the 6th highest food hardship rate in the US.
- 100% of the donations will go to the Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC, which serves our surrounding 4 counties.
- Chapter members can bring in non-perishable food items to the monthly meetings in April, May & June.
- Food can also be dropped off at local businesses around the city. (more information of locations on website http://lcfhra.shrm.org)
- Members can also donate money- $1 donated is equivalent to seven pounds of food!
- Chapter members can write a check directly to LCFHRA with “Food Drive” in the memo section.
- The LCFHRA Chapter and NC State SHRM is also donating money to make a bigger impact.
- For additional questions contact Scarlett Chalmers (Scarlett.Chalmers@victaulic.com) or Skyler Sample (email@example.com).
JOIN US IN ASHEVILLE! SEPTEMBER 2016 for NCSHRM STATE CONFERENCE
Renew today for 2016!
HURRY! It's time to renew your LCFHRA membership for the upcoming year.
- Excellent programming.
- Recertification PDCs & CEUs for general or strategic credits.
- In-person certification study class with discounted members pricing for the combined class/materials.
- Networking with other HR professionals.
- Free postings of HR jobs and resumes on our website.
- Access to HR information links on our website.
- Monthly newsletter and much, much more!
Please take a moment to fill out the 2016 Renewal Form.
Upon completetion, you will be redirected to paypal to select your payment method.
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Certification Updates
Looking for the most up to date announcements regarding the new SHRM Certifications? Click Here.
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Certification Exam Prep Courses are AVAILABLE in 2016! Registration Deadlines Applicable
LCFHRA is now a SHRM Preferred Provider for the new SHRM-CPTM and SHRM-SCPTM Certifications! Beginning in 2015, we will be able to award Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for programs we offer that relate to the SHRM Body of Competency & KnowledgeTM (SHRM BoCK).
LCFHRA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
LCFHRA MEMBER SERVICE AREA ( MSA)
We are now operating in Jacksonville, NC! For more information CLICK HERE.
Connect with us!
LCFHRA is now on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and actively following SHRM, U.S. DOL, EEOC, HR Magazine and many more! Please like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Join our LinkedIn group for all of your social networking needs!
If you are seeking a new membership and have already filled out the "Join Now" application BUT still need to make your payment:
Upcoming EventsSee All >
June 21, 2016 - 11:30am to 1:00pmLocation:Executive Development Center 1241 Military Cutoff Road, Wilmington, NC 28405 (910) 798-7622
June 21, 2016 - 11:30am to 1:00pmLocation:Onslow County Government Center 234 NW Corridor Blvd Jacksonville, NC 28540
Manager, Affirmative Action Services
Kaleigh Ferraro joined Capital Associated Industries (CAI) in October 2010 as Manager, Affirmative Action Services. She currently manages the Affirmative Action group at...
July 19, 2016 - 8:30am to 10:00amLocation:Executive Development Center 1241 Military Cutoff Road, Wilmington, NC 28405 (910) 798-7622
As you are well aware, the costs associated with a bad hire are significant. Even more damaging is the ‘drag’ that is created as the team deals with the negative consequences of a bad hire. No one sets out to make a bad hire. These poor hiring decisions typically result from desperation, urgency, lack of hiring skill, and...